Job Title: Inspector / Packer
Department: Production and Assembly
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect and pack product produced from assigned workstations while maintaining quality and production standards.
- Perform quality checks as prescribed, and notify Supervisor and quality assurance of any non-conforming conditions.
- Complete all necessary paper work. (IE: production reports, quality records, time records).
- Ensure sufficient materials are available to complete assigned task, (IE: packaging, inserts, and resin) Notify Supervisor if materials are needed.
- Maintain safe, clean, and organized work area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills
- Self Motivated
- Pay close attention to detail
- Good troubleshooting/ problem solving skills
The above job description is intended to be general guidelines of your job requirements. It does not include all tasks you may be assigned during your normal work schedule.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk; stand for up to eight (8) hours a day (minus the meal and break periods provided per company policy; please refer to employee handbook) sit; use hands to handle objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, talk and hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include the ability to read documents and inspect product for defects.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a noise level that is moderate, usually below OSHA standards requiring hearing protection. Hearing protection will be provided by Custom Molded Products, where applicable.